Fee Appeal

Can I appeal or dispute my stormwater management utility fee?

The fee is assessed to all properties regardless of tax status or profitability. However, you may appeal your stormwater management utility fee if you believe one or more of these situations apply to your property:

1) Incorrect Ownership — The parcel does not belong to you.
2) Incorrect Impervious Surface — There is no impervious surface on the parcel; the impervious surface has been removed; or the impervious surface mapped is located on an adjacent parcel.
3) Incorrect Property Designation — The property is designated as non-residential but is actually residential, or vice versa.
4) Incorrect Tier — A non-residential property is billed at the wrong tier.

An appeal of a disputed bill must be made in writing using the Town’s Stormwater Management Utility Fee Appeal Form, available below.